The years fly by, but the heart stays the same . . .

Nothing like posting a year later.

Our 2012 summer intern, Dayna, made our last blog post entry exactly one year ago.

My, how things have changed.

The biggest change since last fall is our new location. We made the big move from Holly to Howell and couldn't be happier. Our space, adorned with exposed brick walls and high tin ceilings, lends itself perfectly to the vision that we always had for our boutique.

I remember when my husband and I saw the 'for lease' sign while attending Downtown Howell's Sunday Farmers Market on State Street (directly across from our now boutique) . . . he saw the twinkle in my eye. I think the word "no" escaped his mouth before I even began my plead.

We had already been through a lot the first two years since the boutique's opening. Getting married just 6 short months after the start-up, selling our condo, living with his parents, him starting a new job in Ann Arbor - which led to our personal move to Howell - what seemed like the perfect in between location for our commutes to Ann Arbor and Holly.

We didn't know then that the boutique would eventually move or that we are ourselves would find permanent residence just outside of town. One thing I did know was that moving to Howell just felt right. It has the similar downtown goodness that I was used to growing up in Milford and the traffic flow in town is just what the boutique needed.

Another big change for the boutique is that we are no longer a consignment boutique - something that we started phasing out back in Holly. While we still have some great "off-the-rack" dresses, we no longer accept gowns to sell on consignment. Our main focus is our new designer gowns . . .  with some exciting new designers I might add! We had first started off in Holly with Alfred Angelo, a classic bridal designer that has been around for over 75 years! We loved their price points and their styles that seem to last through the years - their newer Modern Vintage and Disney Fairy Tale collections also had us swooning! Since moving to Howell we've added Moonlight & Impression Bridal, and our beloved Maggie Sottero.

Being a Maggie bride myself, (wore a sample Maggie Sottero gown for my own wedding from our boutique back in 2010!) I knew they were a designer that I had to get my hands on. And believe me, I've tried for years but have always been just close enough to another store that had already carried the designer (manufacturer's usually like 20-30 miles between you and the next retailer). So when the Howell area opened for Maggie Sottero a few months ago I jumped . . .  and I was persistent, to say the least.

With great designers in place in our cozy boutique and opportunity on the horizon we'd like to thank all the brides that have helped get us here. You are what drives us. There's nothing quite like selecting gowns every season, displaying and advertising them, and getting the brides through the door and connecting the perfect gown to the most wonderful of brides!

Can't wait to see what the next year holds for us!

Won't you join us? Call us at 517-546-3600 to set up your appointment or visit our websites 'Contact' page to submit your appointment request.

Something Blue Bridal Boutique 
113 East Grand River Avenue 
Downtown Howell, MI 48843
517.564.3600
www.somethingblue4u.com
somethingblue4u@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment